The Flight to Baghdad
(note on recent postings: in order to catch up to where I am, I have added many of these recent posts all at once. Make sure you start reading where you left off, somewhere down the list, and not necessarily with the top, and most recent, post)
The flight was relatively smooth, but interesting. Nobody buckled their seatbelts. People mingled about freely during takeoff and landing, and we actually got an in flight meal.
I hadn’t had a Spam Sandwich since high school! Ah, the memories. We were in the air for only a little over an hour.
Upon our arrival we made a lot of twists and turns. I read one reporter’s account of how commercial airliners take “evasive maneuvers” upon landing at BIAP (Baghdad International Airport), but our approach, despite it’s twists, would have done little to avoid any SAM, stinger or small arms fire. I got a shot of the lay of the land when we approached.
The flight was relatively smooth, but interesting. Nobody buckled their seatbelts. People mingled about freely during takeoff and landing, and we actually got an in flight meal.
I hadn’t had a Spam Sandwich since high school! Ah, the memories. We were in the air for only a little over an hour.Upon our arrival we made a lot of twists and turns. I read one reporter’s account of how commercial airliners take “evasive maneuvers” upon landing at BIAP (Baghdad International Airport), but our approach, despite it’s twists, would have done little to avoid any SAM, stinger or small arms fire. I got a shot of the lay of the land when we approached.

1 Comments:
alright so i'm a little confused....spam no doubt contains pork (well maybe it doesn't --who knows what's really in in), so did they give it to you because obviously, what american doesn't like spam? or was it haalal spam (there's an oxymoron), or spam made for muslims?
Post a Comment
<< Home