Wednesday, February 01, 2006

Off the Grid

Yes, I am alive. I thought I should really post a quick update on that since I have indeed been off the grid for quite awhile. Were there ANY WAY, I could have posted, I surely would have. I could easily blog for the next three weeks on just that which I've experienced in the last 48 hours.

I have been writing as much as I can on my notebook computer, so I will begin posting those missives tonight, in the order I wrote them.

Just for tonight, I am staying at the Hotel Palestine in Baghdad. That's the Tigris River behind me in the photo. After tonight I plan to move about a lot, so if you're a kidnapper or insurgent who is reading this, you'll not, I repeat, NOT find me at the Hotel Palestine, room 877. This hotel is in the Red Zone, not the IZ, so it's probably better that I somewhere else anyway.

Oh yeah, one more thing. I can't believe Tim Nelson scooped me on...myself. What's that all about? He should print something on where I plan to consider going tomorrow, because I don't know yet. Remind me again, what is the sound of one hand clapping?

3 Comments:

Blogger Eric said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

2:28 PM  
Blogger MNObserver said...

At the Minneapolis version of Drinking Liberally (every Wednesday at the 331 Club), we took a vote on the photo at the Pakestine Hotel and it was the overwhelming majority of Liberal Drinkers agreed that anyone who would go to Iraq on vacation and sit back-facing-out from the Palestine Hotel is "freaking nuts, dude."

Join us some time when you return and we'll give you beer.

10:42 AM  
Blogger Darren said...

Dude!

Just for the record. I believe that the Palistine Hotel is where CNN was during the first Iraqi war... and I second the "freaking nuts" comment. I look forward to seeing you home safe.

2:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home